Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Race Against TIme in Afghanistan

So this week I decided to focus on a more political editorial. It focused on the essence of time as we are fighting overseas in places like Afghanistan. John F. Kerry wrote it which I think is interesting due to the fact that he agrees strongly with Obama, but I guess that's not such a surprise, but yea... Basically, his approach focuses on efforts in the local level on up. These include reconstruction programs and drug busts. With the deployment of as many as 30,000 more troops, Kerry makes it obvious that just a high number of our soldiers won't do the job. They need to have common realistic goals and successfully act them out to accomplish what our country, much less our world needs. If all is acted out well, it will be safe so say that we live in a healthier habitat.

I agreed with everything that was said by Kerry and believe that it hasn't come around sooner do to the Republican views that were leading our nation. Now, with a Democratic/ liberal approach, our goals will be set and more strictly acted out to bring about "change". I hope there is a follow up to this editorial so the public can see how our efforts are affecting Afghanistan every-day life. Get it Kerry!

No comments: