Monday, February 9, 2009

The Reality of Innocence

Third quarter here we come! This time around we are focused on editorials. To be honest, I never really even glanced at the editorials, so this is a real eye opener for me...it's great to get to read one every week...haha. So anyhow, the one I chose to focus on for this week was titled "The Reality of Innocence". It talked about how reality television is becoming very skewed from the actual reality happening in daily lives. This point is evident on almost every show whether you are watching a young bachelor find true love or a group of outdoorsy people battle nature's ways striving to be titled the ultimate "survivor". So many times I wonder what it would be like to be in these stars' shoes, but then true reality hits and I realize that most of it is staged and for purposes only there to receive high ratings for the channels. I agree with everything the author said and believe that it should be harped on even more than it currently is. Many young kids are still looking to television for role models, and what kind of a role model leads a fake or staged life....not mine! haha. So yea, next time you watch some television in the evening, remember that reality TV shows are taking on a new meaning and it might not be as "real" as you would imagine.

No comments: