Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Volunteering..."Hi, my name is Carrie."
So yesterday afternoon Ronny, Tyler and I went to volunteer at the Obama office. This time we decided to help the phone bank. It was exciting to see that they had expanded their office space, but what was kinda weird was that we were calling from a massage school class room so there were all these posters and cusioned tables everywhere...kinda strange. So let's see... they began by teaching us what to do, handing us a cellphone and calling list, and sending us on our way. When we first got there it was basically just us, but then so many people showed up and it got really noisy. The most annoying part was that almost no one was home and we had to leave so many messages on answering machines. When we did this we read off a script and I felt like I was a robot. For those that did answer I got only a few response. Two people also campaigned for Obama and were filling me in on their experiences, alot of people had already voted absentee, and some just hung up saying they were uninterested...haha good times! Alot of numbers were also fax numbers or had voicemails that said they were different people than who were registered on my sheets. A little awkward, but I left a message anyhow; I figured any word that can get out about Obama will bring about more awareness. Good stuff! So, afterwards we stopped by 7-11 to get slurpees. YUMMMM! Oh, and our site coordinator was like pressuring us to come volunteer on election day, which I don't need, but I kinda told her I would and need her to complete my packet so I guess I will try and show up at least for a couple hours (she wanted all day and I said no way! haha). It's like she said, "This is history in the making." But, isn't any presidential election considered history? But I get what she's saying. Anywhooooo, farewell...we shall see what goes down on election day...CHECK OUT THE NEW SLIDESHOW!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment