Thursday, October 30, 2008

Final Election Blog!



It's time for predictions! Okay so here's what i'm thinking for the presidential race...Obama has definitely held strong. Unlike McCain he has made it clear to the nation what he stands for and how he is going to approach issues like the war in Iraq and our economy. Also, he has been a strong fighter throughout the campaign always finding a new way to get his name out there to the public. For this reason I predict that Obama will be our next president winning the Electoral College votes 413: 230. He has won over most of the big impact states like CA and is up in the polls in FL. For the popular vote this is hard to tell considering people are predicting we will have a record turnout. I do know that the 2004 popular vote totaled 121,056,394 voters with a 64% voter turn out. So, based on these numbers I am again predicting Obama's win 93,792,296 votes to 31,264,099 votes for McCain.

For the VA Senate it is a race between Mark Warner (D) and Jim Gilmore (R). I am predicting that the Democrats will once again pull through with a win; in this case a landslide. As of now, Mark Warner is up in the polls by about 30 points. Warner has been a successful governor in the past with a great positve in fluence in the Northern Virginia region. In this way he is favored as the incumbent candidate.

For the local House races there are two local regions:

10th: Frank Wolf (R) vs. Judy Feder (D). Mr. Wolf is the incumbent candidate who was elected in 1980 to serve this district. He is running for his 15th term with much experience. In particular, for Fairfax County he worked on important issues such as transportation, education, and gang violence. For these reasons and more I feel that the community is comfortable with him and that he will secure the majority of votes. Judy Feder on the other hand was a Georgetown University program dean but was heavily favored in her party's primary.

11th: Keith Fimian (R) vs. Gerry Connolly (D). Honestly, I am not to informed about this race, but here is what I found...The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Connolly, is heavily fovored against the unknown businessman, Fimian. But, Fimian has huge sums of money on his side which could make this race closer than many have been expecting. Based on these facts, I would like to think money doesn't buy a candidate votes and that the voters will look at more than just wealth. For this I am predicting Connolly as the victor.

WOW! HERE WE COME ELECTION DAY!

3 comments:

Ronny! said...

Yay Obama! If Obama won by that great of a difference that'd be super swell! lol. I think it'd be a closer win though not to around a 400 to a 200 difference! The popular vote i agree with you though, I think Obama will have a substantial lead in popular votes. I've found the same thing out of Mark Warner also, I'm pretty sure he'll win because he's led every poll with a win of 25-30%! Looks like we'll find out in a few days though! :D

Maggie Ovington said...

I agree with your results, but my numbers vary a little. I have Obama winning 326 to 212. I think you may want to check yours because they don't add up to 538. Other than that our results are the same. I can't wait for him to be our new President!

Carrie Kurtz said...

haha maggie I knew that! you know I blog in second period and i'm like half asleep...lol my bad!