
Cartoon can be seen at this site but i'll try and describe it for you as well http://www.cagle.com/politicalcartoons/pccartoons/archives/bagley.asp?Action=GetImage : George W. Bush is planning out his presidential library on the big sheet in front of him while leaving important issues, the little papers under the blue print, behind like our current recession, the record job losses, and many companies commiting bankruptcy.
This cartoon was the first one I saw and there was no doubt that I would analyze it for this week's current event. To me it summarizes this time period where he is still the president but Obama, as the president elect, is getting plenty of attention in the media. With this said, Bush seems to be chillin in the background probably doing just this, planning out his presidential library. In the cartoon his blue print includes a "decider room" a "vomitorium", and a "stachoo of me". All these mispellings and hilarious names are picking fun at Bush and what he has done in the past eight years that have caught America's attention. I know this whole changing presidents thing must be kind of awkward for any president in transition, but come on Bush, you're still president for another month and there are things to do...step up son!!! :) But people will be people and times will pass. I just hope Obama, since he will have four years, can do what's right and help fix our nation's problems so we can better life for all Americans.
1 comment:
Interesting cartoon...very interesting...It is actually kind of funny...Bush is a crazy person BUT, can he dodge a show or what? Well, as we heard today, really Bush won't do much for right now, but perhaps grant pardons...DUDE...what if he granted T.I. a pardon?...whatever, I don't like his music anyway. But if there were a Bush library in the white house, that would be like having a Dan Quayle library, they both can't spell so there's no point in it at all...
PEACE...
Post a Comment