Monday, December 1, 2008

Political Cartoon Week 1

Okay so my cartoon was from about a week ago in the Washington Post and I cannot find a picture of it on the web. Basically it was a cartoon that picked at Obama's popularity and the recessing economy. It was set up as an an advertisement of Winter catalogs from a department store and in it were three pictures of catalog covers. The first was of a hobo who needed help, the second was of Obama and his flashy attire, and the last was of our empty economic crisis. I think it is good how even though our economy and politics are at new standings, we can for see a positive future and still pick fun at what is going on in the world around us for humor. On the other hand, it in no way allows for our government to slack or for our economic crisis to be overlooked. I am excited to start a new form of blogs and cannot wait to continue the look into the world of political cartoons.

No comments: